Is a Land Surveyor Eligible to Get a TN Visa in the United States?

Schedule Your Consultation
land surveyor

You’re a land surveyor, but you are a Mexican or Canadian national and you are looking to live and work in the United States. Fortunately, there may be a route for you to legally do so. This is known as the TN visa. Please continue reading and reach out to our seasoned employment immigration lawyers to learn more about how a land surveyor can get a TN visa in the U.S. and how our firm can help you through the process. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What qualifications does a land surveyor need to get a TN visa?

To get a TN visa as a land surveyor, you will need either a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree, or a state/provincial/federal license. As long as you are from Mexico or Canada and meet these qualifications, you will likely be able to get a TN visa to live and work here in the United States as a land surveyor.

What does a land surveyor do?

At its simplest, a land surveyor is someone who makes precise measurements to help determine property boundaries. Land surveyors may get work in a wide variety of settings. For example, a land surveyor may get a job working for a local town, the state, or an independent company.

Land surveyors participate in both office work and fieldwork, meaning their jobs often require both lots of paperwork and physical activity, as land surveyors sometimes will have to walk long distances and stand for prolonged periods of time.

What does the TN visa process look like?

To get a TN visa, you will have to meet certain criteria, as mentioned above. Our firm can help assess your situation and determine whether you should qualify. From there, we can help you gather and prepare all documentation necessary to file your application for a TN visa. Doing so without an attorney is not advisable; we can help ensure you get it right the first time. We can also provide border recommendations based on your location, speak with border officials, and prepare you for your interview with USCIS to help ensure the process moves along as smoothly as possible.

For further questions regarding the TN visa process or whether you may qualify for a TN visa as a land surveyor, simply contact the Lightman Law Firm today.