H-2A Visa: Temporary Agricultural Worker

This visa is available to individuals for agricultural positions that are temporary or seasonal in nature.

There are no numerical limits for this type of visa.

The visa requires that the employer file a labor certification application with the Department of Labor at least 45 days prior to needing the position filled stating that there are no United States workers available for the positions sought to be filled and that the employment of aliens for these positions will not adversely affect United States wages and working conditions.

These visas are valid for one year and renewals are available, but the foreign national cannot exceed three years in the United States.