EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals

Schedule Your Consultation
EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals

If you are a professional with either an advanced degree, or you have significant work experience in a professional position, you are most likely wondering whether you qualify to work here in the United States. Our firm is here to assess your case and determine the best path forward so you can go on to make a living here in the United States. Read on and contact an experienced employment immigration lawyer here at Lightman Law Firm to learn more about your options and how we can guide you through each phase of the process ahead.

Second Preference (EB-2): Advanced Degree Professionals & Exceptional Ability Aliens

This category of obtaining a green card through employment is reserved for the following types of individuals:

Professionals holding advanced university degrees

  • Must have a graduate level degree or a professional degree requiring postgraduate education
  • You can substitute for an advanced degree if you have a bachelor’s degree followed by five years of work experience in a professional position

Individuals of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business

  • International acclaim is not necessary
  • Must be significantly more accomplished than the average person in your profession

Generally speaking, this category requires both a job offer and a labor certification from the employer. In very narrow circumstances an applicant can obtain a National Interest Waiver and bypass the job offer and labor certification requirement.

The National Interest Waiver, which is difficult to obtain, requires, among other factors, that you show that you will significantly benefit the United States. Don’t make the mistake of proceeding without a competent immigration lawyer on your side. Simply pick up the phone and give us a call today for more information on the National Interest Waiver and how we can assist you.

Contact an EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals Lawyer

If you need a competent EB-2 advanced degree professionals lawyer to guide you through the process, you’re in the right place. We have guided countless foreign nationals through work-related matters in the past, and we are here to put that experience to work for you. We are staunch advocates of immigration here in the U.S., and you will understand, from the moment you walk through our doors, that we truly care about your rights and your future in the United States. Contact Lightman Law Firm today to schedule your initial consultation with our seasoned immigration firm.

Our Immigration Insight

USCIS Restructures Adjudication Policies for H-4 & L-2 Dependents
DACA, What Now?
Understanding the H-1B Visa Renewal Pilot Program and Its Implications