Lightman Law Firm is looking for talented legal professionals. Below are some of our openings. If you believe you are a good fit with our firm, please email us directly at email@example.com with your resume/CV & cover letter.
Our paralegals are highly valued professionals on the legal team. The Firm has experienced significant growth requiring the need for additional immigration paralegals within our organization. Primary responsibilities will include all aspects of preparing documents and assembling cases for review and filing, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. The position will be required to track client expiration dates and filing deadlines and communicate with clients to facilitate the completion of cases.
- Two to three (2-3) years of immigration paralegal experience
- Experience preparing and filing PERM applications is strongly preferred
- Experience with immigrant and non-immigrant petitions and applications (e.g., H-1B, TN, L-1, E-2, PERM, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, etc.);
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification, or equivalent
- Meticulous proofreading and organizational skills
Attorney – Immigration
We are a growing immigration firm that handles all types of US immigration cases, and this role will handle a broad spectrum of family and business-based immigration matters including, Es, Ls, EB-1a, EB-1c, PERMs, EB-2 NIWs, O-1s, and H-1Bs.
- J.D. degree and must be an attorney licensed to practice law in the United States (any state).
Lateral Attorney Opportunities
Lightman Law Firm is seeking senior associates and partners to grow its existing immigration practice. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, energetic, and possess a strong command of both business and family immigration matters. Portable business preferred but not required. Caseload would also be supplemented by additional cases generated by the law firm. The firm offers flexible working hours including remote and hybrid work arrangements. Compensation shall be commensurate with experience. This position is perfect for a candidate looking to transition from a larger firm to a medium-sized firm with a superior work/life balance.
Support Staff Opportunities
Lightman Law Firm is seeking Legal Assistants and Paralegals for multiple departments throughout our firm, including employment-based and family-based immigration matters. If you have a genuine interest in immigration law or policy, and you enjoy working in a small-firm, collegial atmosphere, this is a great opportunity to work remotely or in-person at one of our offices in Virginia or New York. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the collection and organization of documents and information from various employment- and family-based immigration law cases at the firm and will have Legal Assistant experience within a law firm setting.
- Prepare and review case documents
- Create and maintain digital case files
- Maintain calendar reminders, track case deadlines
- Correspond with clients and relevant government agencies
- Draft memoranda, cover letters, email correspondence, and other related items
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Administrative experience is a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities, and manage deadlines