U.S. Immigration Legal Services

Schedule Your Consultation
U.S. Immigration Legal Services

Here at Lightman Law Firm, we take pride in providing our clients with competent and steady guidance through various facets of immigration law. Whether you’re seeking asylum, looking to work in the U.S., or want to become a naturalized citizen, we are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our US immigration legal services and how our experienced firm can assist you.


Our firm handles a wide array of immigration-related matters on behalf of our clients, including the following:


E-2 Investor Visa
The E-2 treaty investor visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign entrepreneurs from treaty nations to enter the United States to develop and direct an enterprise that they have invested in. It also allows for executive/supervisory and essential employees of a company owned by a treaty national to come to the United States to fulfill their duties.

E-3 Visa for Australians
The E-3 visa allows Australian nationals to enter the United States and work in a specialty occupation.

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visa
The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows U.S. companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require technical expertise.

H-1B1 Visa for Singaporeans & Chileans
The H-1B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa available to citizens of Chile and Singapore that allows U.S. companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require technical expertise.

J-1 Trainee/Intern Visa
The J-1 visa is a great way for an individual to expand his or her skillset while learning about the culture and way of life as an exchange visitor in the United States.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa
L-1 visas are used for intercompany transferees. There are 3 types of L-1 visas: L-1A visas are for employees working in a managerial or executive capacity. L-1B visas are for employees with specialized knowledge such as knowledge of company, product, and/or service. Blanket L-1 visas are available for large multi-national corporations that need to easily and expeditiously transfer qualifying employees to the United States.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa
The O-1 visa is available for artists, entertainers, athletes, educators, scientists, business persons, or any other person of “extraordinary ability”.

R-1 Religious Worker Visa
The R-1 visa is available to either ministers or religious workers (R-1 classification) or their spouses or children (R-2 classification).

TN Visa for Canadians & Mexicans
The TN visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows citizens of Canada and Mexico to work in the United States.


Green Card Through Marriage
One of the most common paths to a green card in the United States is through the green card marriage process. We’ll explain the marriage green card process and time frame, and outline exactly what you need to prepare… and what you can expect.

Green Card for a Parent

If you’re looking to obtain a green card for your parent either through the adjustment of status process or through the through the immigrant visa process, the Lightman Law Firm is here to help.

I-751 Removal of Conditions
If you have been married for less than 2 years at the time you are approved for a green card that was obtained through marriage to a U.S. citizen, the green card you receive is known as a “conditional green card” and is only valid for 2 years. At the end of that two-year period, you and your spouse will be required to file a petition to “remove the conditions,” effectively converting the green card from a 2-year card to a 10-year card.

Immigrant Visa Process
Applying for a green card through marriage via the Immigrant Visa process is an option that is available to foreign spouses who do not want to apply for their green card inside the U.S. Unlike the adjustment of status process of applying for a green card in the U.S., an individual electing to process their green card via the immigrant visa process will ultimately apply for and be approved for permanent residency at a U.S. Consulate abroad.

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa
The K-1 visa was introduced to give foreign fiancé(e)’s of United States citizens a means to legally enter the United States for the purpose of marrying their United States citizen spouse.

You may obtain United States citizenship either through birth or through naturalization. In fact, some people unknowingly are already United States citizens based on their birth to a United States citizen parent or parents, depending on various circumstances. Naturalization is the process of obtaining citizenship after birth.


Employment Green Cards
Employment-based green cards are made available to individuals whose labor or work skills are needed to fill gaps in the United States workforce. The first and most important step in taking this route in seeking a green card is to have a job offer from a United States employer.

EB-1A Extraordinary Ability Green Card
The EB-1A classification, or Alien of Extraordinary Ability, is essentially an achievement-based category for green card applicants. Individuals who qualify for this opportunity have shown extraordinary ability in their particular field of endeavor.

EB-1C Intracompany Transferee
This option exists for managerial or executive-level professionals (with willing sponsoring employers) who wish to seek permanent residence in the U.S.

EB-5 Investment Green Card
This avenue of obtaining a green card is provided to wealthy individuals who will invest between $500,000 and $1 million in a United States business. The applicant must not only invest in a United States business, but must also take an active role in that business.


If you are in the United States and are afraid to return to your country of origin, you may apply for asylum – a form of protection the U.S. government conditionally offers to foreign nationals.

On September 5, 2017, the administration announced that it will be ending DACA. Hundreds of thousands of young people will be losing protection from deportation. If you are a DACA recipient, click here to learn more about possible options.

Deportation defense
Our immigration lawyers have experience dealing with detained immigrants, the bond hearing process, and deportation defense.

Immigration bonds
An immigration bond is money that is paid to the Government to ensure that an individual will show up to their court hearings. In exchange for the payment of this money, which is held pending the proceedings, the person being detained gets released. If they miss a hearing, the money is lost. The government keeps it. If they do show up to all of their hearings and comply with the Court requirements, the money will be given back to the person who paid the money, at the end of the proceedings.

Stokes interview
If USCIS suspects that a marriage is not valid, they can subject the couple to a higher level of scrutiny – this higher scrutiny interview is called a “Stokes interview.”


No matter the immigration matter you are facing, you can rely on the competent legal team right here at Lightman Law Firm to fight for the positive outcome you deserve. We understand just how important these issues are to our clients, which is why we will do everything in our power to preserve and improve our clients’ futures. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.

Our Immigration Insight

Employment-Based Green Card Application: Application for Permanent Residence
Promoting Family Unity: New Family Reunification Parole Processes
Arrivals: This Week in Immigration News (11.12.18 – 11.16.18)