No matter your circumstances, if you are currently facing deportation from the United States, the most important thing you can do is retain the services of an experienced and aggressive Jersey City deportation defense lawyer who can fight for your right to stay in the country. Contact Lightman Law Firm today to learn more about how our firm can help keep you and your family together.
Do I Need a Jersey City Deportation Defense Lawyer?
Whether you or a loved one are currently at risk for deportation or detention, it is paramount that you have the right attorney on your side. There are many reasons why a person can face deportation from the United States, and the method we will use to keep you or your loved one here in the country depends largely on your circumstances. This is why it’s best to simply take action sooner, rather than later, and speak with our competent Jersey City immigration lawyers today.
Common Causes for Deportation from the U.S.
As previously stated, there are a wide array of reasons why you or a loved one may be facing deportation. Some of the most common grounds for deportation that our firm sees are as follows:
- Committing crimes: If you or a loved one is charged with a serious crime, such as assault, theft, murder/homicide, rape, or even certain drug crimes, it may warrant deportation.
- Violating the U.S. immigration laws: If you are accused of marriage fraud, providing fraudulent evidence of admissibility into the United States, or unlawful entry/overstaying your visa, you can expect to face deportation as well.
Our Deportation Defense Services
Here at Lightman Law Firm, we proudly offer our clients a wide array of services and potential solutions when they or their loved ones are facing removal from the country. Just some of the ways in which our legal team can help you and your family are as follows:
- We can help locate your loved ones if they are in immigration detention and get you in touch with them.
- We can analyze the situation and see if your loved one may be eligible for bail or conditional release from immigration detention
- We can determine which waivers may apply to you or your loved one’s immigration status.
- We may submit an application for Cancellation of Removal.
- If your loved one is facing criminal charges, we can provide him or her with the sound legal advice they deserve.
These are just some of the ways in which our legal team can help if you or your loved one is currently facing deportation from the country.
What is Cancellation of Removal?
Though deportation from the United States can be a frightening and overwhelming process, with the right Jersey City deportation defense lawyer on your side, it doesn’t have to be. In many cases, our firm will find that you or your loved one is eligible for some form of relief from removal, such as filing for Cancellation of Removal for Non-Legal permanent residents.
For this to be granted, however, it must be proven that the foreign national lived within the United States for at least 10 years, has good moral character, and has never been convicted of certain crimes. That said, perhaps the hardest part of receiving a Cancellation of Removal is proving that an immediate family member, such as a parent, spouse, or child, would suffer exceptional or unusual hardship, whether that be financial, medical, or otherwise. Depending on your circumstances, we may employ additional tactics to help you stay here in the United States, such as requesting a waiver, an asylum application, or an adjustment of status application.
Contact a Jersey City Deportation Defense Lawyer
If you or a loved one is currently facing deportation from this country, the time to act is now. Waiting to consult with an attorney can result in the ultimate deportation of you or your loved one. Our firm is ready to help prevent that from happening. Contact Lightman Law Firm today so we can get started.