Fairfax Family Immigration Lawyer

Schedule Your Consultation
Family Immigration

People from all over the world seek to live here in the United States with their families, and if you are one of them, you can depend on an experienced Fairfax family immigration lawyer here at Lightman Law Firm to provide you with the effective legal services you need. Contact us today to learn about some of the various family immigration matters we handle and how we can help you.

Fairfax Family Immigration Lawyer | Here to Assist You & Your Family

Any field of law involving families requires competent and compassionate legal guidance. We understand just how important this is to you and your family, which is why you have our pledge to provide your case with the personalized attention it deserves. Don’t hire just any immigration attorney–speak with the Fairfax immigration attorneys from Lightman Law Firm.

Our Family Immigration Services

Here at Lightman Law Firm, we pride ourselves on efficiently handling several family immigration matters on behalf of our clients, including:

  • Green Card Marriage: People frequently obtain green cards by marrying U.S. citizens. That said, the process is often more complicated than most people think. It is wise to always go through the process with an experienced attorney to ensure all documentation is prepared and filed correctly, among other reasons.
  • Conditional Green Card: If you were approved for a green card but were married to a U.S. citizen for less than two years, you will receive a conditional green card, which will stay valid for two more years. Once you reach two years, you can apply to remove the conditional nature of your green card within 90 days, and from there, you will receive a 10-year green card.
  • Green Card Citizenship: Spouses of U.S. citizens who’ve been married for more than three years and can satisfy the continuous residency requirement should be eligible to become United States citizens.
  • Work & Travel Authorization: While you await the approval of your green card, you may apply for work authorization, which will permit you to gain employment in the U.S.
  • Green Card Affidavit of Support: If you are a non-citizen looking to marry a U.S. citizen, you and your spouse will have to obtain an Affidavit of Support. This is a contract between you and the government that essentially states you will not become a public charge, and that if you are to receive certain government benefits, such as food stamps, and you cannot pay them off, your spouse or other co-sponsors will have to do so.
  • Immigrant Visa Process: The Immigrant Visa process may be best for you if you’re looking to apply for a green card while living in another country. In this case, you will apply for permanent residency at a U.S. Consulate in your country. Though our firm is based in the United States, we can still help you, no matter where you live.
  • K-1 Fiance Visa: If you are looking to enter the United States to marry your future spouse, you will first have to obtain a K-1 fiance visa. The fiance visa process is often involved and entails various deadlines that you absolutely cannot miss. Hiring a seasoned Fairfax family immigration lawyer can help ensure the process moves along as smoothly as possible.

Contact a Fairfax Family Immigration Lawyer

No one should have to face the immigration process on their own. Whether you’re looking to marry a U.S. citizen, or you’re looking to have certain family members join you here in the United States, our firm is here. Contact Lightman Law Firm today to discuss your case with our competent legal team.

Our Immigration Insight

I Am a Forester – Do I Qualify for a TN Visa?
What Are the Best Defenses from Deportation for Green Card Holders?
The E-3 Visa, Green Card & Immigrant Intent