Whether you are looking to live here in the United States or you are trying to get a family member to live in the United States with you, you need a competent Jersey City family immigration lawyer on your side. Contact the Lightman Law Firm today to learn more about how our firm can assist you through each step of the immigration process ahead.
Jersey City Family Immigration Lawyer | Here for You & Your Family
Here at Lightman Law Firm, we understand just how sensitive and important matters of family immigration law can be. This is why we are dedicated to the well-being of each of our clients. From the moment you walk through our doors, you’ll feel at ease knowing you have a competent and efficient legal team on your side who truly cares about your future.
Our Family Immigration Services
Lightman Law Firm handles a wide array of family immigration services on behalf of our clients, including the following:
- Green Card Marriage: One of the most common ways in which people receive green cards is through marriage. That said, obtaining a green card through marriage isn’t always easy, which is why you must always proceed with a competent Jersey City family immigration lawyer on your side.
- Conditional Green Card: When a person is married for less than two years at the time they were approved for a green card, they will have to obtain a conditional green card, which will be valid for two years. Once two years are up, you will apply to remove the conditional nature of your green card within 90 days. Your green card will then become a 10-year green card.
- Green Card Citizenship: If you’ve been a permanent resident and married to a U.S. citizen for three years, you should be eligible to become a citizen of the United States. Note that there is a continuous residence requirement in place, which states that you must be married to and living with your spouse for three consecutive years. If you believe you qualify for green card citizenship, speak with a Jersey City family immigration lawyer from Lightman Law Firm to learn more about how we can help.
- Work & Travel Authorization: Those who are applying for a green card through adjustment of status may apply for work authorization, which essentially gives them a right to work in the United States while awaiting the approval of their green card.
- Green Card Affidavit of Support: When a noncitizen marries their spouse, they are required to obtain an Affidavit of Support, which essentially is a contract that states the foreign national spouse will not become a “public charge.” If a foreign national doesn’t have the means to support themselves and the government provides them with means-tested benefits (such as food stamps), the government can seek reimbursement either from the person’s spouse or any joint/co-sponsors.
- Immigrant Visa Process: If you are looking to apply for a green card through marriage from outside of the United States, you may wish to go through the Immigrant Visa process. In this case, you will apply for and be approved for permanent residency at a U.S. Consulate.
- K-1 Fiance Visa: The K-1 visa is designed to help foreign fiances of United States citizens legally enter the U.S. to marry their U.S. citizen fiance and apply for a green card. You should understand that the K-1 visa process is not always simple, which is why you should never try to obtain one without competent legal assistance. You can depend on a Jersey City family immigration lawyer here at our firm to effectively handle your case.
Contact Us Today!
The bottom line is that if you are facing any sort of family immigration matter, you can rely on the competent legal team at Lightman Law Firm to provide you with the legal assistance you deserve and need. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation. We are here to help you in any way we can.