Fairfax Employment Immigration Lawyer

Schedule Your Consultation
Employment Immigration

Foreign nationals who are looking to work and reside in the United States should strongly consider speaking with a competent Fairfax employment immigration lawyer who can help guide you through each step of the process. We are on your side. We are here to help you make a living and support your family.

Fairfax Employment Immigration Lawyer | On Your Side

We know that there is nothing more important to any person than being able to support themselves and their families. Whether you’re looking to temporarily work in the United States or you’re ready to invest in a corporation and work here for the long-term, you can rely on our experienced Fairfax immigration lawyers to help you through each step of the process.

Types of Work Visas

Our Fairfax immigration lawyers believe that every qualifying individual deserves the right to feed their families and contribute to the economy here in the United States. One of the best ways to do so is through work visas. Just some of the work visas we have experience attaining on behalf of our clients are as follows:

  • H-1B Visa: For many people with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a specific field, receiving an H-1B visa will allow them to work, and stay, in the United States for a period of time. In some cases, attaining an H-1B visa will even open up a path to eventual citizenship.
  • H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker Visa: If you wish to temporarily fill a certain agricultural position, you may be eligible for an H-2A temporary agricultural worker visa. This will give you the right to stay in the United States for anywhere between one and three years.
  • H-2B Temporary Nonagricultural Worker Visa: If you are a skilled or unskilled non-agricultural worker, you may be eligible to receive an H-2B temporary nonagricultural worker visa. This will allow you to work in the United States for a predetermined period of time.
  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: This type of visa is for students, professors, trainees, and others who are looking to participate in the exchange of knowledge and skills in the fields of science, arts, and education.
  • L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visa: If you are an executive or manager from another country and you are looking to transfer to a regional office of the employer corporation or to United States’ subsidiaries, you may request an L-1 intracompany transfer visa.
  • TN Visa (USCMA TN): The USCMA gives certain qualified Canadian citizens the opportunity to enter the United States for business purposes. If you qualify, you may stay in the U.S. for up to three years.
  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa: These are for people who’ve shown extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, movies, or television.
  • P-1 Entertainer/Athlete Visa: Certain nonimmigrants who don’t meet the criteria of “extraordinary ability” but are still considered outstanding in the fields of entertainment, art, or athletics, may qualify for a P-1 visa.
  • E-1 Treaty Trader: If you are a foreign businessperson and you wish to engage in international trading activities in the U.S., you are most likely looking into obtaining an E-1 treaty trader visa. That said, to receive this visa, you will either have to work within an organization that does trade directly with the United States or plan on trading with the U.S. directly.
  • E-2 Investor Visa: Some foreign nationals will work in the United States by investing in a U.S. business. In this case, you may obtain an E-2 investor visa.
  • E-3 Australian Specialty Occupation: Australian nationals who work in specialty occupations may consider seeking E-3 visas, as opposed to H-1B visas, as these are reserved solely for Australian nationals looking to work in the United States.
  • R-1 Religious Visa: The R-1 visa gives certain ministers or religious workers and their spouses or children permission to live in the U.S. to perform religious duties.

Employment Green Cards

If you are looking to obtain citizenship through an employment-related green card, our Fairfax employment immigration lawyer can help. Some of the employment green cards we help our clients receive are as follows:

  • EB-1 Multinational Executives/Researchers & Extraordinary Ability: Foreign nationals who are considered exceptional in the fields of art, science, athletics, business, or education and have “sustained national or international acclaim” in their field may qualify for an EB-1 green card.
  • EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals: Professionals with advanced university degrees, such as doctorates, as well as professionals with bachelor’s degrees and at least five years of work experience in their field may qualify for an EB-2 green card.
  • EB-3 Skilled and Professional Worker: If you are a foreign national and you hold a bachelor’s degree in a certain field, or you are a skilled worker with a minimum of two years of training or experience in your field, you may qualify for an EB-3 skilled and professional worker green card.
  • EB-4 Religious Worker: Certain religious workers, such as priests or ministers, are considered special immigrants, and may qualify for an EB-4 green card.
  • EB-5 Investment Green Card: If you invest between $500,000 and $1,000,000 in a business and actively contribute to the business (you don’t have to run it) you may qualify for an EB-5 green card. This investment must be maintained for at least three years.
  • NIW (National Interest Waiver) Petition: This waives the requirement of having a current job offer that most employment-based green cards entail.
  • PERM Labor Certification: The Department of Labor often has to certify to the USCIS that a company hiring a certain foreign national would not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers. They must also prove that there are no qualified or willing U.S. workers to take the position.

Contact a Fairfax Employment Immigration Lawyer

The bottom line is that if you’re seeking employment here in the United States, you may have a complex, document-heavy process ahead. You can rely on a Fairfax employment immigration lawyer here at our firm to effectively handle your case, each step of the way. Contact Lightman Law Firm today to schedule your initial consultation with our seasoned legal team.

Our Immigration Insight

Did the TN Visa Change in the Transition from NAFTA to USMCA?
USCIS Reaches H-1B Visa Cap for FY 2024
Immigration Benefits for Same Sex Couples