F-1 Student Visa
F-1 Category: Academic or language students
This visa category is for individuals coming to the United States to study full-time as an academic or language student.
In order to qualify you must:
- be a bona fide full-time student;
- maintain a residence in a foreign country that you have no intention of abandoning;
- pursue a full course of study at an established college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program in the United States;
- not have an immigration intent;
- have enough financial resources to cover your first year of study; and
- your purpose in entering the United States must be solely for pursuing a course of study at an academic institution or in a language training program in the United States.
If you wish to come to the United States to look at potential schools to attend you should not use this visa, but rather you should use the B-2 visa.