Many observers have considered management consultant the most heavily scrutinized TN category. In fact, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services has noted a “high rate of denials.” However, these apparent difficulties should not dissuade you from obtaining a TN visa as a management consultant, especially if you educate and prepare yourself for the process in advance. For more information on whether you may qualify for a TN visa, please continue reading, then contact an immigration lawyer experienced in TN visas today.
What are the requirements for a TN visa: management consultant?
An individual must possess one of the following in order to qualify for TN visa status under the occupational category of management consultant:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Five years of experience as a management consultant, or
- Five years of experience in a field of specialty related to a consulting agreement
What exactly does a management consultant do?
The TN visa regulations do not specifically define the types of job duties a management consultant must perform in order to qualify. However, an applicant will usually benefit from providing evidence of their ability to perform the following duties:
- Providing services that improve managerial, operating, and economic performance within a given company
- Analyzing and resolving strategic and operating problems within a company
- Improving an entity’s goals, objectives, policies, strategies, administration, organization and operation, and/or
- Working as an independent contractor or an employee of a consulting firm
If you have experience in this field and meet the aforementioned qualifications and are looking to work in the United States, the Lightman Law Firm is here to help.
Who may an applicant work for if they obtain a TN Visa?
A TN visa holder may work for either a sponsoring organization that engages a management consultant to provide their expertise directly, or, in the event that the sponsoring organization focuses on consulting, for the client of the sponsoring organization.
Keep an eye out for future blogs or speak with an immigration lawyer skilled in work visas for more information about those eligible for TN visas.